Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Farmdale Festival - Final Race for the Illinois Series!

Well I didn't have it in me for a win at Farmdale, but my 2nd place finish sealed my overall win in the Illinois Homegrown Race Series! Iowa City showed it's dominance with teammate Britt taking 3rd place in the series and Kevin and Aaron taking 1st and 2nd place in the men's division!

Beverly, Myself & Britt for the series podium
Aaron, Britt (standing in for Kevin) and Jason for the men's series podium
If you've never done an Illinois Homegrown Race Series race, I would mark one (or the whole series) on your calendar for next year! There is friendly - but tough - competition and every course is fun with unique challenges and different types of trails. I would go back to any of these courses to ride just for fun.

And one of my favorite parts is the timing chip race plates. It's fun and helpful to be able look over your laps time for every race. You can learn whether your pace is consistent or drops off lap to lap and compare to how other riders are doing. I personally like comparing my time to the men's expert field to see where I would fit in :) And  with number plates there are no pesky numbers to pin on, it's the small things right?
 
And last, but certainly not least the Illinois Race series comes with super nice people. The volunteers, course marshals, fellow competitors, and spectators are all fantastic. It's always great to hangout with everyone post race and the 312 guys usually have beer (and if you are lucky they will give you a beer hand-up at the finish) :). And the Thallers are truly wonderful - thank you for everything you do to make the series so great!

Post race selfie with Britt - I love this girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget