Popular Posts

Saturday, March 8, 2014

YORR Silent Auction & Hand Built Bike Show

What a night! Thank you to everyone who who took part in the first ever NCJC Youth Off-Road Riders Silent Auction & Hand Built Bike Show. The community really came together to help support youth cycling and I am so proud to be apart of that community and to have had the opportunity to be on the fundraising committee to help plan and organize the event. I haven't heard a total amount of what we raised, but I'm certain it far exceeded expectations! 


Here is a collection of my favorite photos from the  night. A huge thank you to my sister and brother in law for letting me borrow their fantastic camera! And if you haven't read my other posts on the Youth Off Road Riders, make sure to check them out here and here





Guests arriving... 

 

Wayne & Cara signed in guests

YORR members Kendra and Willie greeting guests as they arrive
My dad and nephew arriving

My husband Aaron (on the right) showing off his 'mustache march' mustache


 

Some of the hand built bikes....


 



 

 

 

Some of my favorite silent auction items...




Jersey & Photo signed by Jason McCartney

The Iowa City Women's Cycling club put together these baskets :)




I really, really, wanted this painting! Whoever won the auction is a lucky person!



The real fun began with the live auction!


Jay Herman is the best emcee and auctioneer ever!



This little guy was getting into the live auction spirit using his penguin hat "to bid" on items :)




Riding off with his live auction win!

 Everyone was having a really good time!

The little kids dancing together :)

My aunt Jane and my Mom even came out to support the event!






Event coordinator Robin Armstrong!
 


Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment