Popular Posts

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Trail 100 & a Wedding - Last Two Days in Phoenix!

Well it's our last night in Phoenix and I'm super sad to leave - but also really excited to see my newborn niece tomorrow!

Hanging out w/ the new bride and her turtle!
Yesterday we decided to spin out our legs on a short 13 mile road road before hitting the trails. On the way we even stopped by a little farmers market and picked up some local citrus - Arizona Sweets and some little clementine-like oranges. I went to two different booths while Aaron stayed with the bikes and neither vender would let me pay for them - just gave them to me for free! It must have been the sweet spandex I was rockin' ;)
 
Tatum Blvd trailhead for North Mountain (Trail 100).

The views were gorgeous and reminded me of an Old Western movie.

Phoenix Mountain Biking
I'm really going to miss this view!!!

We could have played out on the trails forever, but we had a wedding to get to....and I was a little completely cooked from all the climbing on South Mountain.


What a fantastic trip,we already can't wait to come back! The mountain biking was so much fun and there were plenty of technical features to tackle and all the people we met were friendlier than we could have imagined. I still can't believe how lucky we were to meet Mike, the trail steward, that led us on a 20 mile bike ride through South Mountain and all the relatives and friends of the bride & groom that we met at the rehearsal dinner and wedding. You guys were so nice to meet and hang out with! And, to top things off, I didn't see a snake once!!


Pre-birthday drinks in Tempe

A little photo booth fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment